The Law Offices of James X. Shu has established close personal relationships with many Chinese companies and law firms. Encouraged by former professors, fellow alumni and friends (many of which are now playing important roles in almost every major city in China), in June of 1994 Mr. Shu went back to China for the purposes of setting up an international law firm in Shanghai.
Having been received warmly by Shanghai officials and with further assistance by local governments, Mr. Shu has successfully established branch/liaison offices in Beijing, Shanghai and Tianjin. These resources have greatly enhanced the firm's ability to handle complicated and time-sensitive legal matters internationally, and furthered the cause of closer ties between China and the US.
Mr. Shu is now an associate attorney and in-house counsel with All Bright Law Offices (Shanghai) and Alliance Law Office (Beijing). Mr. Shu has also established liaison offices in San Francisco and Chicago with colleagues of similar background, thus further enhancing the ability to serve clients.
The firm follows economic, political, and legal developments in China very closely, maintaining a vast library of materials concerning Chinese law. This includes a complete set of the latest software with all Chinese laws and regulations promulgated since the founding of the People's Republic of China. In addition to this investment in technology, the firm uses the best Chinese language programs on the market.
The Law Offices of James Shu & Associates is committed to providing the best legal representation available. Every employee takes their responsibility to the client very seriously. Our goal is quality representation with a focus on service and affordability.
Our law firm has extensive practice experience regarding the following matters:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts and other legal documents involving Chinese companies or Chinese-owned companies
- Mediating and litigating commercial disputes between U.S. companies and Chinese companies
- Providing feasibility studies on U.S.- Chinese joint venture projects and consulting opinions on individual projects
- Providing legal services in the area of international transfer of technology, including protection of intellectual properties
- Providing legal services in product liability cases
- Setting up companies in the United States
- Setting up companies in China
- Providing debt-collection services for Chinese and U.S. companies through lawful means
- Handling foreign will and estate matters
- Handling mergers and acquisitions involving Chinese parties
- Handling visa applications of intra-company transferees (L-1);
- Handling the application of green cards for family members of U.S. citizens
- Consulting legal matters about doing business in China
- Antidumping, Countervailing Duty and Other Import Relief Laws
- Other legal services.
In addition to these services, through our associates, we can provide virtually any legal service.
The Law Offices of James Shu & Associates has the resources to insure that you have only the best legal representation.
Contact us for an international law consultation.